Eric's and Cheri's 'farm'

This is the story of how a man and a his wife, or is it a woman and her husband, picked up everything they owned and moved to rural Florida to start a new life together, or that is with their two new horses, and their three mini aussies, and their new deer, andthe spiders, and the rabbits, and the mosquitos, and the . . .

Friday, August 12, 2005

Pictures, part 2











And this is what I do to help pay for my horses, and all the critter food, =-) The baby Northern Atlantic Right Whale is almost full size. It's about 90% the size,... It is 14 feet long, and about 40" around the girth. It still needs to be painted, when I get it painted, I will post more pictures. And if you know how to tell, it's anatomically correct, =-) I put my Scientific Illustrator Larnin' to use, and got all particular about doing it as realistic as possible! This one is a boy. It will hang from the ceiling of the Lagoon House near Satallite Beach.

I sculpted it out of EPS foam (commonly called Beer Cooler Foam, =-) and then it was hard coated with a two part epoxy shot from a special gun under high pressure and heat.






















The arch is also sculpted foam, which I installed at a place called Welcome Home, a really cool place to shop for kitchen fixin's. Granit counter tops, Viking and Sub Zero appliances,... All the Hotsy Totsy stuff!

I modled it after a Roman arch, and I also faux painted it, and the wall above it. I added a sign after this picture was taken. It turned out really nice, wish I had gotten a pic of that,....








One more of the whale,... I am really proud of it! =-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know where the family talent is, the whale looks great. Can’t wait to see it painted and maybe someday I will see it hanging in Lagoon House. I am Chuck your Dads cousin, Jimmie Mays son, Jimmie May is your Great Aunt. I am sure we have met but it was awhile back. I have been keeping up with your Dad’s road trip since he came by to visit us when he first got started, sounds like he is making great memories. I mentioned a Family reunion to your Dad and he said he would help me get one together, I hope it works out. I will keep up with your whale so post more pic’s even if they are not farm related 

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cheri' said...

Hello Chuck!

I was wondering who you were, =-) I had figured you were family, but I didn't know from where, LOL! I remember Aunt Jimmie Mae, and I am sure we have met, but I don't remember, either. How old are you? I am 44, and Jerry Jr is 42.

A family renunion sounds great!

My husband's mom is really into the geneology research, and I got the names from your mom's family bible, so I am going to combine the two, and start my own research, =-) (when I can find time! =-)

Dad's road trip is a lot of fun to follow! We were always an adventurous family, riding horses or motorcycles somewhere,.... I still love to camp, and do it every chance I can.

I will put more whale pics up, keep checking! (It will be a coupla weeks,...)

Later,
Cheri'

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be 56 next month, my son Jason, is 34 and I have a Granddaughter, Ashlyn, who is 2yrs old. Maybe if we put this reunion together you will meet this part of the family. We use to have great reunions when Grand Mother Hoffman, your Great Grandmother was still with us. I really am impressed with the Whale I have been showing it off to all my co-workers.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home